Holland Flooring Inc. is an established team of seasoned hardwood professionals that specializes in installing new and refinishing old, worn out hardwood floors and stairs.
We also carry some of the best manufacturers of hardwood flooring in the business. From traditional solid plank flooring to the more contemporary wide plank with lengths up to 10 feet!! – We have all your hardwood flooring needs covered!
Please visit us at https://hollandflooring.cato learn more about the company and its services.
At this time, we are looking for a Hardwood Floor Covering Installer to join our team. The successfulcandidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Making a preliminary assessment of sub-floor and material condition
- Making general assessment of time and labour cost required for successful completion of installation, as per customers’ requirements
- Evaluating, preparing and marking targeted surfaces, as well as lifting and disposing of existing hardwood
- Measuring, cutting, removing existing and installing new hardwood floor coverings using hand or machine tools and materials
- Conducting moisture, PH and climate testing prior to installation to determine proper materials to be used
- Using equipment, such as BONA Portable DCS Dust Extractor, an automatic 600 DCS Dust Containment system and BONA Hepa Vacuum filter and others while sanding floors
- Keeping a safe, neat and clean workspace and job site by complying to all health and safety regulations and company policies
- Conducting necessary durability tests after floor installation
- Cleaning work area after successful completion of floor installation and ensuring the area is safe
- Completion of high school
- 2 years of related experience specializing in custom design floor installation
- Previous experience working with different types of floor, such as parquet, engineered hardwood floors and inlay, etc.
- Proficiency in English
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings and apply specific instructions to each order
- A valid Ontario driver’s license would be an asset.
This is a full-time position compensated at $20.00/hour for 35-hour work week with occasional requirement for overtimewith appropriate pay rate applying after 44 hours.
Work location: 17665 Leslie St., Newmarket, ON L3Y 3E3. Please note that you will be mostly working around GTAat customers’ premises.
To apply, please send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter is not required, but attached portfolio iswelcome. While we thank all our applicants, only those who qualify will be contacted by the employer.