Harvest Interns:Black Hills Estate Winery(BHEW)
Reporting to: Estate Winemaker, Black Hills Estate Winery
Date Posted: May 16th 2019
At Andrew Peller Limited (APL), we deliver the perfect brand experience for every lifestyle, occasion, and generation. Through collaboration, open communication, honesty, drive to win, and accountability, we inspire teammates to be extraordinary every day.
Who We Are
We are one of Canada's largest and oldest wine companies with a rich heritage in quality winemaking.
We produce some of Canada's most recognized brands and offer our teammates a challenging and rewarding employment experience.
We are recruiting for passionate, enthusiastic, extraordinary Harvest Interns to join our team at Black Hills Estate Winery. Black Hills Estate Winery is situated on the scenic Black Sage Bench in Oliver, British Columbia and has been producing premium wine in this region since 1999. Known for the Nota Bene Bordeaux inspired blend, our focus is precise vineyard management, minimal intervention in the winery, and world class wine experiences offered to the thousands of visitors we see annually.
Reporting into the Winemaker, the Harvest Interns will work as part of the team to safely and efficiently complete all cellar harvest activities.
We are looking for teammates with:
- A passion for the wine industry and a desire to pour extraordinary into everyday life
- Grade 12 with previous harvest experience; winemaking qualifications preferred
- Ability to operate a forklift is desirable
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to multi task on a regular basis and able to work under pressure in fast paced environment
This teammate will be accountable for:
- Operating cellar equipment (including forklift) maintaining efficient operations
- Consistently providing and striving for excellent internal and external Customer Service
- Making additions to must/juice and wine
- Monitoring fermentation and red fermentation cap management
- Barrel work and rack/transfer juice and wine
- Cleaning and sanitation of tanks, processing equipment and winery
- Following written or oral procedures and policies; reporting any deviations
- Following all company record keeping and inventory tracking procedures
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to meeting the needs of persons with temporary and/or permanent disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation in the workplace and will make an effort to meet those needs a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in the areas of information, communications, and employment.