LIFE AT BRP
We create innovative ways to move – on snow, water, asphalt. In the air, on the ground and everywhere in between.
Built on a 75-year tradition of ingenuity and intensive customer focus, BRP is headquartered in the Canadian town of Valcourt, Quebec and operates manufacturing facilities in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Finland, and Austria. We have a total workforce of more than 12,600 driven, resourceful people.
Our portfolio of industry-leading and distinctive products includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-Doo watercraft, Can-Am on- and off-road vehicles, Alumacraft, Manitou, Quintrex, Stacer and Savage boats, Evinrude and Rotax marine propulsion systems as well as Rotax engines for karts, motorcycles and recreational aircraft. We support our lines of product with a dedicated parts, accessories and clothing business to fully enhance your riding experience.
Because it’s not about the destination. It’s about the journey. Yours.
We are passionate and qualified; by joining BRP, you will evolve within an experienced team that will welcome you with open arms.
Follow us on:
- LinkedIn @BRP;
- Twitter @BRPnews;
- Facebook @BRPinfo.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a professional with strong marketing analytic experiences to elevate our finance team among the best in the retail & consumer goods sector. Your mandate will be to develop and lead a finance analytics practice focus on ROI of retail operations & marketing and support the financial management of the marketing organization.
You will partner with the Senior VP Global Marketing and her leadership team to manage and optimize their operating budget and strategic initiatives. The role will also collaborate cross-functionally with the different analytics teams (Marketing, Sales, Network, Data/BI), conducting research to improve overall visibility of business drivers, forecasting accuracy and sales incentives/marketing spending effectiveness.
An ideal candidate has a strong background in and passion for statistics and data analysis while also possessing a keen understanding of digital marketing, funnel metrics & customer metrics KPI's. He/She also has best-in-class data skills including SQL/Excel, dataset manipulation, visualization & presentation.
We expect a candidate that will quickly capture the big picture, and then set his/her own vision, objective and roadmap to build the practice, increase the finance team knowledge on the matter and create value with actionable insight for all business partners.
This role, based at our Montreal’s office, will report directly to the Vice-President Finance of the Powersport Group, and will also be part of the extended Marketing Leadership team.
YOUR MAIN FONCTIONS
Develop & lead the analytic practice for finance on a sales & marketing perspective
- Develop the finance science to better understand the relations between dealer network and competitive landscape situation, digital metrics, marketing investment, sales incentives offer and retail volume implication, to improve forecast accuracy and ROI on business decisions.
- Partner with Marketing data science and analytics to develop methodology to forecast return on investment of our marketing efforts and educate the organisation about it.
- Elevate the knowledge of the Corporate & Regional finance team, by presenting insightful metrics & analyses on major marketing trends, challenges and opportunities, along with actionable recommendations to improve customer acquisition and retention.
- Understand the different predictive (AI and Machine learning) and analytic initiatives in the organisation and figure out what can be leverage in finance to better manage the business.
- Define and continually challenge KPIs and metrics that are critical to optimizing marketing efforts and ensure alignment on them between Marketing, Sales and Finance teams.
- Develop & maintain a platform to consolidate and consume all key metrics and analytic insight within the finance organisation.
- Develop new way at planning our business and looking at our profitability, such as perspective by dealer and customer segment.
Be the financial business partner & controller for the global marketing team
- Partner with the Marketing Leadership team to understand the dynamics of their strategies and provide them accurate and insightful financial analysis to enable key strategic decisions.
- Support the development of solid investment cases and marketing campaign targets, and drive accountability via regular financial reporting and campaign performance analyses.
- Structure major business case and perform on-going monitoring of the implementation progress, performance metrics and ROI.
- Optimize the allocation of the marketing budget between each region, product line and type of initiatives, supported by a solid and transparent data-driven decision process to maximize ROI.
- Support teams to develop their annual budgets and quarterly forecast, set financial goals, and provide regular reporting & variance analysis to track progress against strategic initiatives.
- Ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX and financial procedures, including monthly/quarterly close cycle accruals & reporting process.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree required in Business, Marketing, Statistics or other analytical field with advanced degree in analytics or data science field preferred.
- More than 10 years of financial management experience, working with senior business and finance leaders, in a large multinational company or as a consultant supporting a sales & marketing function.
- Operating knowledge in:
- Customer metrics (LTV, CAC, Cohort Analysis, etc.)
- Ecommerce metrics
- Marketing mix model
- Customer data platform
- Social media measurement
- SEO/SEM techniques
- Digital marketing
- Experience in leading analytics transformation across finance with knowledge of leading trends and best practices in big data and data science.
PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Self-starter, self-motivated and enthusiastic leader with good business sense
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Inquisitive mindset with high analytical skills
- Passion for metrics and figures with attention to details
- Ability to create impacting dashboard, from automating the collection of data to a slick and comprehensive reporting structure and format
- Ability & autonomy with research processes: observe, establish hypothesis, create testing framework, clearly communicate results & transform them into insightful and actionable action