One (1) permanent full-time position of Head Shipper (NOC 1215) available at TWI Foods Inc., located at 40 Shaft Road, Toronto, ON, M9W 4M2.
Main Duties to be completed as per the lead statement of NOC 1215:
- Co-ordinate & performs shipping duties as required for inbound and outbound trucks while dealing with deliveries and stock transfers.
- Performs receiving, administrative and clerical duties (inventory preparation) as required and completes all required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Protect the organization’s assets through performing the proper and accurate shipping functions of products to the client site.
- Monitoring & Scheduling all shipping activity to and from the warehouse
- Matching & checking all items to be shipped for conformance to client specification.
- Record outgoing shipments documentation, confirms and changes tally quantity when necessary.
- Ensure export documentation for US orders to meet the FDA requirements
- Ensures that the yard is ready and orders are prepared for the next business day.
- Load materials into trucks, install strapping, bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit when required.
- Supervises yard staff and ensures that yard policies are being adhered to.
- Communicate with transport companies to determine pick-up time, taking into account weight and size of shipments
- Resolve work-related issues on priority basis
- Prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Order adequate quantities of shipping supplies to meet demand.
- Participate in company-sponsored training relating to material handling, safety, and quality.
- Comply with the organizations environmental, health & safety, recycling, sustainability efforts and quality assurance policies and standards.
Minimum One (1) year of experience.
Completion of Secondary School required.
Wage Rate : $24.50/hour
Hours : 40 Hours/week