Aon is looking for a Health and Benefits Analyst
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health and Benefits Consulting business group, in our Winnipeg, Manitoba office.
Your impact as a Health and Benefits Analyst
- Provide claims analyses, costings, projections, and periodic experience updates as required to assist in the financial management of clients’ insurance plans;
- Conduct underwriting analysis based on clients’ plan history and change in risk to negotiate the best insurance rates possible on their behalf;
- Perform market reviews and benchmarks to meet the evolving business needs of mid to large sized organizations;
- Providing analytical support in servicing mid to large corporate accounts;
- Assisting consultants with negotiating renewal ratings;
- Preparing quarterly experience reviews and renewal underwriting analyses;
- Maintaining a variety of Excel-based group benefit tools;
- Reviewing contracts, employee booklets and financial statements;
- Writing reports and correspondence;
- Analyzing quotations and preparing specifications for seeking quotations;
- Promoting good public relations by developing strong working relationships with clients and insurance company representatives;
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of group systems, products and technology, while having a thorough understanding of how these relate to group insurance consulting;
- Participating in functional team activities which support the operations of the Health Strategies practice; and
- Assist in analytic projects such as pooling risk simulations and drugs utilization reviews.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum of 1 – 3 years of relevant experience in a consulting/insurance environment working in group underwriting and group benefits departments preferred;
- A superior ability in mathematics and financial analysis, and demonstrated computer skills using financial spreadsheet programs;
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral;
- Must be a highly motivated, customer service and team oriented individual;
- Ability to work under deadlines, and ability to work on several projects simultaneously is critical;
- Strong technical skills across Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Must have Advanced Excel proficiency; and
- Applicants who do not have the industry experience, but have the required education and skills will also be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Business or Commerce or related discipline, or equivalent years of industry experience; and
Commitment to professional development. Working towards completion of CEBS, or FLMI, or LOMA, or ACIA and ASA designation is preferred.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.