Casual and Part-time Opportunities Available
Certified Starting wage - $18.96/hour / Uncertified Starting wage - $15.80/hour
Seasons Retirement Communities, Camrose
6821 - 50th Avenue, Camrose, AB, T4V 5G5
Our Mission to You:
As a certified Great Place to WorkÂ®, Seasons believes that every single team member plays an important role in the overall happiness of our residents. We foster a culture of growth and support for our committed team members and offer opportunities for personal and professional development to advance a rewarding career in the seniors housing sector.
What We Look For:
Seasons looks for individuals who are enthusiastic about making a positive difference in the life of another person. We hire individuals who are committed to building meaningful relationships and strive for service excellence so our residents can be proud to call Seasons their home. Keen attention to details, going the extra mile and putting a little â€œwowâ€ into everything we do is the Seasons way!
Your Job: Weâ€™re looking for a Health Care Aide/Memory Attendant.This role will make a difference every day in the lives of Seasonsâ€™ residents by providing exceptional care, memorable moments by nurturing relationships with our residents and providing safety and wellbeing of our residents in their home. This role will also assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, their familiesâ€™ and other staff in accordance with Seasons vision, mission and values.
- Provide person-centered care services to residents/residents with dementia/cognitive impairment (including medication administration) ensuring professionalism, dignity and compassion with each interaction of residents
- Safe medication administration (Training provided by Seasons)
- As part of the care team, follow infection control measures (per Seasonsâ€™ policies/procedures) to enhance the safety and wellbeing of residents and staff
- Provide assistance with activity programs, housekeeping tasks (i.e. making beds, general cleaning) and laundry of residents as assigned
- Respond to resident medical/physical/emotional needs with collaboration from Memory Care Manager/Health and Wellness Manager/nursing staff
- Perform set-up, serving and tear down services for daily meal services as well as assist residents with walking to and from dining room and assist with eating
- Promote and support a person centered approach to care and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with residents and co-workers by committing to making every interaction positive and meaningful
- Complete all necessary education requirements in a timely manner as required
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Empathy and compassion for the needs of the elderly with a specific focus on individuals with Alzheimerâ€™s and Dementia
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Enrolled in the Alberta Health Care Aide (HCA) Directory
- Ability to communicate effectively following written and verbal instructions
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize workload throughout scheduled shift
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents, team members and guests
- Knowledge of medical equipment is considered an asset (blood pressure machine, oximeter, glucometer- and/or the ability to learn these skills with training)
- Previous experience providing personal care in healthcare environment is preferred
Why Should You Apply?
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Seasons Retirement Communities (â€œSeasonsâ€) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Seasonâ€™s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Seasonâ€™s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Note during COVID-19: At the outset of the COVID-19 situation in Canada, Seasons Retirement Communities implemented heightened precautionary protocols in all of our homes. We continue to follow the advice of provincial and federal governments, our sector regulators and local Public Health agencies. Job responsibilities are being reviewed and adjusted accordingly to ensure the well-being of the successful candidate.
Powered by JazzHR