Home Care Assistance Edmonton is looking to add a new Home Health Aide to join our Edmonton team. The Home Health Aide will assist residents in their homes and in senior living facilities with all daily activities. These activities include everyday living, housekeeping, bathing and dressing, transportation, cooking, shopping, toileting, medication, mobility, and continence care.
The ideal person for this position has the experience, compassion, and a solid understanding of all aspects of patient home health care.
Retirement residences and long-term care homes have risen to the challenges of COVID-19. Itâ€™s why weâ€™re now looking for candidates to fill many temporary positionsâ€”so we can continue to support our staff and deliver the best possible care to our residents.
The caregiver is responsible for personal services, medication assistance, delegated tasks, housekeeping, laundry, social-recreational activities, meal services, and other tasks as needed for resident well-being. Hca must demonstrate knowledge of and follows infection control procedures.
- Provides resident services as indicated on the resident's assessment and service plan, including but not limited to bathing, grooming, medication administration, and providing assistance with other activities of daily living (ADLs).
- Assists with setting up, serving meals, and cleaning up after the meals.
- Provides laundry service including washing, drying, sorting, and putting away resident's laundry.
- Reviews daily assignments with the designated supervisor and completes task sheets every shift.
- Follows incident reporting guidelines.
- Performs daily housekeeping duties to maintain a clean, neat, comfortable, safe environment for residents, staff, and visitors.
- Observes problems, concerns, and issues with resident apartments, the building and/or the grounds and communicates them appropriately.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and follows infection control procedures.
- Performs other tasks/duties as assigned.
- Health Care Aide Certification
- CPR/First Aid
- Health Care Registry
- Immunization Record
- High school diploma or GED required and current state license
- Safe driving record with reliable transportation and car insurance
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
Wages demands on community or facilities ( some with active Covid cases). PPE training provided.
Days 7:00- 3:00pm Evenings 3:00pm to 11:00pm Nights 11:00pm to 7:00am also we have 12hr shifts available.
Rate: $ 20.00
About Home Care Assistance Edmonton:
Our mission at Home Care Assistance is to change the way the world ages. We provide older adults with quality care in Edmonton, which enables them to live happier, healthier lives at home. Our services are distinguished by the caliber of our caregivers, the responsiveness of our staff, and our expertise in live-in care. We embrace a positive, balanced approach to aging centered on the evolving needs of older adults.
Powered by JazzHR