Home Care Assistance Edmonton is looking to add a new Home Health Aide to join our Edmonton team. The Home Health Aide will assist residents in their homes with all daily activities. These activities include everyday living, housekeeping, bathing and dressing, transportation, cooking, shopping, toileting, medication, mobility, and continence care.
The ideal person for this position has the experience, compassion, and a solid understanding of all aspects of patient home health care.
- Support daily activities â€“ Ensure residents' safety and well-being are met by facilitating social interactions, therapeutic conversations, and secure environments. Offer prompts to the client, if needed, such as toileting, eating, and any liquid needs. Observe the patients' medical health as well as their physical and mental responses. Provide written and verbal reports about the residents' condition and guidance to their families. Exercise the patient as needed.
- Apply compliance knowledge â€“ Demonstrate knowledge of all aspects of resident care by using a sensitive approach. Knowledge and compliance of all state resident rights are required.
- Health Care Aide Certification
- CPR/First Aid
- Health Care Registry
- Immunization Record
- Police Clearance
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
Wages: $18 to $20/hr plus Overtime as required
Powered by JazzHR