Home Care Assistance Edmonton is looking for Health Care Aides who have experience with home care and are dedicated in providing care to all clients within Gibbons Alberta and its surrounding areas. As a Health Care Aide, one is responsible for providing personal assistance or direct care, encouraging activities of daily living, using the agencyâ€™s Balanced Care Method and Cognitive Therapeutics Method, and providing comfort and services to clients who require short-term or ongoing support and assistance. He/ she will work closely with the patients, their families, and the management team to establish the continuity of care at home or out in the community. A Health Care Aide plays a key role in providing safety, high-quality service and patient / family-centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of Home Care Assistance Edmonton.
- Classification: Health Care Aide
- Position: Part-time and Full Time
- Date Available: As soon as possible
- Shift Pattern: Weekdays 9:30 am to 11:30 am: Lunch 1:00pm-3:00pm Evening 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Salary: TBN
- Vehicle Requirement: Yes
- MUST HAVE: Health Care Aide Certified through the Government of Alberta, licensed as a post-secondary institution using the provincial health care aid curriculum.
- As a condition of employment at Home Care Assistance Edmonton, you must be enrolled in the Government of Alberta- Health Care Aide Directory and provide evidence of your enrollment at the time of hire.
- Updated CPR/First Aide Certificate
- Updated Criminal Record Check
- Updated Immunization Record
- Valid Class 5 Driverâ€™s License - community clients Edmonton and Surrounding Areas -Driving 15 to 45 minutes may be required.
- Dementia Experience Needed
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Recent experience (within the last two years) working as a Health Care Aide in a Home Care community setting is preferred.
- Excellent attendance record, reliable, punctual, and pleasant personality
- Team player, as well as able to work independently, to provide assistance with personal care and support to clients.
- Adapts quickly to schedule changes, fluctuating priorities and workload\
- Proficiencies in English written and verbal ; observant to clientâ€™s status and reports changes to the office team in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Has a compassionate, positive, and caring attitude who is capable on empathizing with our clients.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position such as standing, walking, stooping, reaching, lifting and transferring clients.
- Always keeps in mind to work within their scope of practice in providing client assistance with personal care, bathing, transferring, assist with a well-balanced nutritional meal plan.
Powered by JazzHR