Health Care Aide - Private - Winnipeg
If you are a talented Health Care Aide (HCA) looking for a new job with incredible opportunities for career growth, we want to hear from you! Are you friendly, positive and upbeat? Do you strive to make a difference in people's lives by caring for them with compassion, dignity and respect? Do you want to work independently but never feel alone? If so, we think you'll find a home in CBI.
Be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits and comprehensive training opportunities. Discover exciting opportunities for career growth, while being supported by a caring, tight-knit team each and every day. In fact, some of the HCAs who started with us as new graduates are now in leadership positions.
CBI Home Health is looking for Health Care Aides ( HCA) to work in Winnipeg. We are hiring for a combination of days, evenings and weekend shifts.
Under the direction of the Client Care Manager/Supervisor, the Health Care Aide contributes to the quality of a Client’s life by promoting their independence, dignity, social, emotional and physical well being, mobility, personal appearance, comfort and safety. The Health Care Aide assists the Client with activities of daily living. This includes performing personal care tasks and light housekeeping to support the Client’s desire to remain independent and in accordance with the Client’s own choices and capabilities. The Health Care Aide cares for all age groups and follows the Client’s care plan with direction from the Care Manager/Supervisor.
In this exciting role as a HCA, you will:
- In accordance with care plans and within the provincial scope of practice for Health Care Aides, assist clients with the personal care tasks of daily living, including skin, hair and mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care, positioning and movement, basic wound care,and feeding (including special diets).
- Assist with ambulating and mobilization of patients.
- Practice universal precautions and adheres to WHMIS protocols.
- Perform other related housekeeping tasks as indicated in the individualized written client service plan.
- Recognize and report safety concerns or equipment malfunction in the home environment and acts accordingly to meet the safety and the protection needs of the patient.
- Be able to establish communication with appropriate sources in response to emergency.
- Observe, document and report any emotional or physical changes in the patient’s condition to the Client Care Manager/Supervisor
What we are looking for:
- Health Care Aide Certificate or proof of 2nd year Nursing enrollment;
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check including the Vulnerable Sector Search - valid within 6 months;
- Satisfactory Adult and Child Abuse Registry Check - valid within 6 months;
- Current First Aid / CPR level “C” Certification;
- Valid driver's license and Proof of Auto Insurance is an asset
About CBI Health Group:
For over 40 years, CBI has been working to improve the health and enrich the lives of Canadians. As Canada's largest provider of community healthcare services, CBI is made up of 13,000 physiotherapists, occupational therapists, registered massage therapists, kinesiologists, chiropractors, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, physicians, nurses, dietitians, behavioural therapists, administrators, and professionals. CBI is set apart by the unique ability to work as an integrated network to foster on-going learning, enhance best practices, improve access to care for all Canadians and achieve the best outcomes possible for our patients. With a talented, interdisciplinary team of caregivers and professionals, CBI provides the right services, in the right place, at the right time.
To learn more about CBI, please visit www.cbi.ca. Check out CBI on Facebook: facebook.com/cbihealthgroup and on Twitter at twitter.com/cbihealthgroup
CBI Health Group is an inclusive, caring and respectful workplace. We champion diversity, equal opportunity and accessibility and we are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise People and Culture during the recruitment and selection process.
Apply Now To apply for this position, submit your resume to People & Culture at Mansask.firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Health Care Aide, Winnipeg” in the subject line. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.