HEALTH CARE AIDES –Extendicare Vulcan
Applicants are invited to apply for above noted positions of Health Care Aide positions to work at their 46-bed long-term care facility, located in the rural community of Vulcan, Alberta. Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, the Health Care Aide provides direct personal and nursing care to resident so as to fulfill the physical, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual needs of residents and in accordance with the home’s policies, procedures and work routines.
- Assists in providing restorative care for residents; assists with ambulation, feeding, bathing and grooming.
- Consults with and informs team leader of activities, needs and problems related to resident care. Utilizes observation skills to note changes in resident’s condition and informs team leader.
- Encourages participation in activity programs by assisting residents to prepare for and assisting them to and from activities.
- Assists with admission, discharge and transfer of residents.
- Assists with meal service and nourishment delivery to residents and provides feeding assistance as required. Reports any changes in appetite to RN/LPN.
- Provides emotional and social support to residents/families including palliative care.
- Adheres to established department policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, safety, environment and infection control.
- Ability to read and write English as well as to understand verbal and written instructions in English.
- Health Care Aide certification.
- Long Term Care experience preferred.
- Regular lifting and moving residents, equipment and supplies. Repeated lifting, squatting, reaching and bending.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent.If you are a positive and enthusiastic team player, a professional and committed HCA professional, we invite your application to join our team!
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org