Health Care Worker, Forensic Psychiatric Hospital
BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services,$25.33 per hour
What you’ll do
- Establish and maintain therapeutic relationships with patients/families and provide support following established care plans; greet patients/families, assist with storage of personal belongings and creation of a safe/comfortable environment, including fostering a culture of patient and staff safety. The health care worker maintains confidentiality and respect for the patient’s rights and privacy.
- Provide personal care to patients such as bathes, showers, grooms, dresses, assists with oral hygiene and toileting needs, maintain skin by applying creams and ointments as applicable, serving meals and assisting with feeding patients as required; ensure dietary needs are met.
- Perform nursing care functions as applicable such as ensuring they know the Kardex, risk triggers and signature behaviors, nursing care plans of any and all patients they are assigned to and the unit milieu. Communicate reports and record in the patient chart, any patient behaviors’ of concern including patient verbal or physical aggression, or violence to the nurse.
- Respond to call bells/alarms by alerting the appropriate health care team member and/or assisting as necessary. Respond to emergent situations by calling appropriate code and assisting care team in accordance with unit/program guidelines.
- Observe and monitor patient progress and behavioral changes and report significant observations such as discomfort and/or pain, or condition/ complaints and/or accidents, which the patient report and feedback from the patient into the care planning progress to the Registered Nurse or designate; as applicable.
What you bring
- Grade 10.
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant or Care Attendant program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular, Part-Time (0.55 FTE)
Wage: $25.33 per hour
70 Colony Farm Road, Port Coquitlam
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Rotating:0700-1500 / 2300-0700
Requisition Number: 100740
What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of November 23rd, 2020. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.