About the Company
Ontario College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (OCTCM), a member of Federation of Traditional Chinese Medicine Colleges of Canada (FTCMCC), is certified by Employment and Social Development Canada as an educational institution to offer the most advanced theoretical and practical training of acupuncture manipulation. We employ exceptional faculty and cultivate a rich academic environment. Currently, we are seeking a Health Promotion Program Officer to join our team.
Job Title: Health Promotion Program Officer (Permanent Full-Time)
Weekdays: 9:30am to 5:30pm
Location: 7100 Warden Avenue, Suite 1A, Markham, ON L3R 8B5
- Coordinate with Marketing department to develop a marketing strategy in order to advertise and promote the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) programs and initiatives.
- Manage all aspects of health promotion events planning to enhance the influence of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and ensure strict deadlines and budgets are met.
- Organize traditional medicine practitioners, researchers and experts from China to attend conferences on medical education/Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) promotion.
- Develop health promotion program initiatives and implement department process, templates, forms and reports for programs as needed.
- Promotes health awareness in the community including disease prevention, maintaining healthy lifestyle and improving nutritional status.
- Respond to internal and external requests for information regarding health promotion programs, admission requirements and policies and procedures.
- Generally responsible to manage the program enrollment/registration presentations to students and provide up-to-date information & program materials to students.
- Research and provide evidence-based recommendations that relate to best medical practices and operations to evolve clinical and health standards to continue to innovate and enhance learning experience.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of health promotion programs and school enrollment events.
- A graduate degree in health science or relevant field
- Knowledge of medical practices and techniques of diagnosis and treatment.
- A minimum 5 years of working experience in health field as a health care professional is required.
- Intermediate level skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Great communication skill (oral and written) in Mandarin is preferred, including both one-on-one and group communications.
- Strong planning and project management skill with proven ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in coordinating events, liaising with community leaders, developing reports and assessing program performance.