FirstOnSite Restoration is looking for a Health & Safety Advisor.
FirstOnSite Restoration is the largest independent disaster restoration company in Canada. We provide unsurpassed emergency response, restoration and reconstruction services to the insurance industry and to residential, commercial and industrial customers. With coast-to-coast coverage and 24/7 emergency service, we offer a wide range of services that remediate conditions caused by fires, floods, winds, mold, environmental hazards, accidents and other casualties at any type of facility.
The Health and Safety Advisor will provide direction and coaching to branch management and safety personnel on legislative compliance and reporting. They will direct the training of all employees in safety requirements and the implementation of new health and safety policies, procedures and related processes. They will manage and validate safety program initiatives across the region. In addition, the Health and Safety Advisor will regularly audit branches and ensure Health and Safety aspects of operations conform to company standards and legislation compliance.
- Coordinate training for new Employees
- Develop new policies, procedures and training programs for legislative requirements
- Assist in the implementation of policies, procedures and training programs for all legislative requirements
- Assist with implementation and coordinator rollout through safety personnel in each office location
- Ensure training methods are consistent
- Monthly metrics
- Field audits (Jobsite Inspections)
- Admin audits (Safety Documentation/postings, Policies, Training Records, SJP/SWP)
- Workers Compensation audits (Ex. Participation in Workwell audits)
- Incident Investigation
Experience & Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years related experience and proven track record in safety ideally in construction management within the restoration/emergency (or a related) industry
- Health & Safety certificate or diploma and or combination of Health and Safety related program relevant training courses in related fields and relevant experience.
- CRSP Certification or working towards designation
- Commitment to professional development and continuing education
- Detailed understanding of legal requirements with regards to health and safety in the workplace
- Knowledge of provincial and federal legislation
- Knowledge of Workers Compensation guidelines and return to work programs
- Strong communication & presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work as part of a team and demonstrated commitment to customer service excellence
- Ability to communicate to senior level managers
- Computer Proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- IICRC certificates
- First Aid Certified
Why choose to be part of the FirstOnSite team?
- Exceptional extended health plan including medical, dental and vision.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational assistance, professional development, and internal growth opportunities
- Opportunity for National career movement
- Healthy work/life balance
Interested candidates whose resume and cover letter best demonstrate how they meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted for an interview. Candidates must be able to provide a clear criminal background check to be eligible for hire.