Graham Career Opportunity - Health & Safety Coordinator - Buildings
Graham is a growing, dynamic, and innovative construction solutions provider with a history of success dating back to 1926. As an employee-owned company, you will be able to capitalize on our collective success by becoming an owner yourself. You will also be able to take advantage of professional development, learning and growth opportunities, while working on exciting, leading-edge projects.
We are seeking top-tier talent to further strengthen our capabilities. We provide a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed, both personally and professionally. If you are eager to work on innovative projects, be part of a great team and become an employee-owner, Graham is the place for you.
As a member of our team, you will provide insight and innovative construction solutions to ensure the successful execution of various projects, such as education facilities; hospitals and health care centers; office buildings; warehouse and distribution centers; and mixed-use facilities.
You will also further hone your skills operating under various delivery methods including Bid-Build, Design-Build, Construction Management and IPD (Integrated Project Delivery).
The Health & Safety Coordinator reports directly to the HS&E Supervisor and will have an in-depth knowledge of OH&S Acts and Associated Regulations.
As a Health & Safety Coordinator at Graham you will:
- Provide advice to project management on the safety-related actions needed to maintain a higher than the industry standard of safety on the job site. This advice is based on OH&S Acts and associated Regulations, WCB and Graham Safety and Loss Prevention rules, policies, and procedures
- Observe, inspect, and assist site operations to ensure work is being done safely and the site is in Regulatory compliance. This will encompass 70-80% of this role’s time
- Seek cooperation from workers on site using good interpersonal communication skills
- Recognize hazardous situations and act on them appropriately
- Provide safety-specific training to individuals and groups
- Work efficiently and effectively with employees and management, often in stressful situations, and sometimes in demanding or time-sensitive situations
- Stay up to date of the latest changes to the applicable legislation
To be successful at Graham, you will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Three years’ experience working in an HSE role in a construction environment
- Strong knowledge and work experience of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Certified Safety Officer, or working towards (CHSO, CSO or NCSO)
- COR audit experience is considered an asset
- Certificate in Health and Safety
- Advanced First Aid or higher
- Construction Trade Certification is desirable
- Knowledge and experience in Quality is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel, Word and Teams
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary with annual bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, optical, and medical and a company matched pension plan.
- Ownership and long-term equity opportunities
What we can offer you:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- A grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast-evolving business sector
- Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
We're Building careers, not filling jobs.
View available job opportunities and submit your application online at www.graham.ca/careers.
Applications will only be accepted as online submissions through the Graham website.
Please, no unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies, thank you.
Graham Management Services LP
10840 27th Street SE
Calgary, AB T2Z 3R6