Mondelez International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We’re leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That’s who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
Mondelez International is committed to meeting or exceeding all applicable Safety and Environmental regulations and developing and maintaining a World Class Safety culture to achieve an accident free work environment.
This position oversees both the implementation of Company Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) management systems, and the approach for how the Company's management systems will be executed within the facilities.
The incumbent provides leadership and administration to the overall HSE program by developing an annual plan, achieving consensus and buy-in from site leadership and driving the implementation of and monitoring progress against the plan and corresponding objectives.
- Responsible for managing, coordinating and overseeing implementation of all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) programs and processes
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, and Mondelēz policies and continuous improvement in key identified measures and objectives
- Prepares and builds consensus annual plans for plant wide HSE initiatives
- Plan/Budget/Control annual capital budget for HSE to ensure flawless execution of the HSE plan and adherence to all internal and external compliance standards
- Drives next level thinking and continuous improvement in the HSE function and company programs/initiatives
- Promotes, advocates and leads HSE pillar work through Integrated Lean 6 Sigma (IL6S) daily (e.g. supporting DMS meetings, Gemba walks, HSE IL6S work processes such as Behavioral Safety Observation, Quick Risk Prediction and loss intelligence, etc.)
- Provides HSE expertise for the plant for all new projects and change management activities
- Chair of Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Develops performance standards and methods of accomplishing those standards to measures facilities against. Develops, designs, and has responsibility for the implementation and follow-through of the local processes. Follows up on non-conformances and develops the systems to resolve them based on root cause analysis
- Understands relevant technical requirements in HSE and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, and company policies
- Ensures appropriate risk assessments are conducted and follow ups implemented to minimize or eliminate accidents, asset losses, security breaches and environmental issues that might cause harm to one of the company’s employees, contractors, visitors, assets or reputation
- Ensures that appropriate talent is in place through training, mentoring, and succession planning and supports development and learning capabilities of plant HSE specialists
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of trends and current practices in Health and Safety to dissect data and reconfigure/re-plan approach to course correct to achieve zero safety incidents
- Provides linkage to the Regional function by actively participating in policy and best practice development
- Review performance and key metrics in HSE and facilitates implementation of corrective and preventative actions where required
- Ensures the facility standards follow Company, governmental and community regulations
- Ensures training and coaching are taking place to drive a safety-perfect culture and to ensure safety and environmental standards and awareness are well understood throughout the plant organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Safety or Environmental) required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Health, Safety and Environment Practitioner required (experience in a manufacturing environment preferred)
- CRSP Designation or equivalent required
- Demonstrated experience managing a team
- Skilled in the principles of Lean Six Sigma
- Experience providing training and presentations required
- Strong project management experience an asset
- Excellent interpersonal communication and influencing skills with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Experience with change management and project management required
- Health and Safety audit experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to demonstrate organizational agility and strong leadership required
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations for applicants with disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. For all internal and external applicants who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance/support. Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.