Job ID: 161127
Work Type: Full Time Permanent
It is a great time to join the CRH Canada team! CRH Canada is going through an exciting business transformation which demands first-class Talent Management support to drive results.
We are building a world- class team. Make your mark!
You will be a successful addition to our team if you look at change as an opportunity to develop and contribute to the business. You will be successful in your role if you like partnering with the business, presenting new ideas and providing excellent customer service.
The Safety Manager continuously monitors and improves OH&S performance through communication, implementation of corrective actions for identified risks and regional OH&S advocacy. Ensures an effective, risk focussed OH&S program is implemented. The incumbent manages the and implementation of company safety programs, policies and procedures for their assigned business unit. Provides honest, objective feedback to management regarding achievements and failings of safety standards, policies, and procedures
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Works closely with the General Manager and other BU leaders to determine Safety priorities and needs across all operating locations
- Actively support preventative injury initiatives
- Drive continuous improvement in Cement/CRH safety culture
- Be visible in the sites, coaching, teaching, and mentoring
- Analyze employee and contractor safety data and conduct risk assessments; develop and implement a safety performance improvement plan
- Coordinate the BU safety program to meet overall company safety requirements through initiation and promotion of day-to-day safety policies and development and delivery of safety training activities for employees and management
- Coordinate communications of occupational hazards and risks to both managers and the workforce and actively works with BU Leaders to minimize risks and hazards
- Assist with the design of standards programs and procedures to control, eliminate and prevent disease or injury
- Conduct audits and inspections and validate adherence to company policy, laws and regulations governing the health and safety of individuals
- Participate in the investigation of serious incidents and injuries and advise in the preparation of material and evidence for organization to use in hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations
- Advise on compliance matters and interacts with operating locations regarding interaction with state and federal agencies as needed (MSHA, OSHA, ATF, USCG/HS, etc.)
- Conduct compliance related assessments and surveys (i.e. noise, dust, etc.)
- Provide subject matter expertise; develop practical solutions to resolve safety issues
- Develop and deliver safety training material; ensure a tracking system is in place
- Prepare and maintain internal and external reports
- Lead and help others to lead root cause investigations; develop and help others to develop corrective actions; monitor the completion of corrective actions
- Actively participate in the corporate safety network; leverage expertise to other facilities and help develop corporate standards, best practices, and guidance
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor’s/University Degree; IOHS Chartered Status Preferred
- 7 or more years of minimum expereince
- Sound knowledge of the ACM per large industrial manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience with local, state and federal laws and other government compliance regulations including OSHA, MSHA and DOT (possible Coast Guard).
- Ability to be responsive and persuasive at all levels of the organization.
- Effective communication and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects/priorities.
- Strong customer focus and sense of urgency to business needs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to coach employees and management through complex issues and make recommendations
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Visit our website for more information: http://www.crhcanada.com
CRH Canada Group Inc. recognizes Canada’s diverse landscape. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.