Our Edmonton, AB location is currently looking for an experienced Health and Safety Representative to join the team. This role is responsible for travelling to various client sites throughout Western Canada to provide complete, thorough and professional health, safety and environmental advice; for promoting a positive safety culture and for anticipating and assessing health and safety hazards.
**Please note: This position is required to travel up to 60% of the time**
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages;
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Conduct health and safety inspections, observations, audits, compliance monitoring and investigations on various client sites;
- Assist with training analysis and coordination;
- Assist in the development of procedures and hazard assessments;
- Provide leadership, guidance and advice for maintaining workplace health & safety and training compliance to the operations groups; along with guidance on Clean Harbors specific processes and expectations
- Coach management and supervisory teams to further enhance their safety responsibility and performance;
- Foster and maintain positive client and Clean Harbors operational relationships.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Minimum of 5-years Health and Safety experience in an industrial setting;
- Knowledge of the following is preferred:
- Industrial Hygiene
- Alberta OHS, WorkSafe BC, and Federal Labour Code Part II OHS
- Injury Recordability Practice
- COR Audit processes
- A recognized Occupational Health and Safety designation preferred, along with First Aid, Confined Space and Fall Protection certification;
- Clean Class 5 driver's license
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to travel throughout the provinces of Alberta, BC, as well as other areas Canada
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us atwww.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.