Clean Harbors is currently looking for an experienced Health and Safety Representative to join the team. This role is responsible for travelling to various client sites within the Oil Sands to provide complete, thorough and professional health, safety support; for promoting a positive safety culture and for anticipating and assessing health and safety hazards.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages based on skills and experience;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group RRSP with company matching component;
- 14 & 14 schedule;
- Camp provided;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Audit performance and compliance with policies, programs, and procedures;
- Assist in development and review of safety and health programs;
- Identify new health and safety programs needs or changes to existing programs;
- Conduct accident and incident investigations;
- Conduct Safety Meetings on topics designed to promote a better understanding of company policies, programs, procedures or general health and safety;
- Conduct site surveys to assure compliance with Corporate Health and Safety policies, programs, procedures and guidelines, and proper work practices needed to maintain a safe and healthful operation and work site;
- Conduct periodic health and safety survey of field/facility office to assure adherence to regulations and proper health and safety practices.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 5+ years of progressive OH&S experience;
- NCSO Designation required;
- OH&S certificate is an asset;
- Ability to work independently;
- Class 5 drivers license and clean 5 year drivers abstract;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.