At HelloFresh Canada (HF), we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged and empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents.
Our business continues to grow and we are seeking motivated and driven individuals to support our rapid scaleup in Canada.
About the Role
HelloFresh Canada is looking for an experienced Health and Safety Specialist to develop, lead, and manage workplace safety initiatives in our Abbotsford and Langley Distribution Centres. You will be on the front lines with the Production Team and collaborate with the Joint Health & Safety Committee & Site Leadership to promote HelloFresh’s DNA, inspire change, raise the bar on workplace safety, and champion a safety-first culture!
Reporting to the Site Manager, the Health and Safety Specialist will foster a positive safety culture by developing, implementing and driving compliance to safety standards and maintaining a safe work environment. Ability to work flexible shifts including days, nights, and or weekends.
- Take the lead on building a safety culture by training, coaching, and holding team members accountable on workplace safety and food safety topics
- Develop and implement safety initiatives, controls, and procedures to address safety risks in the workplace. This can include developing/delivering training, implementation of PPE/engineered controls, and also being a consistent voice on all matters safety.
- Collaborate with external (Regional OHS & Health Services) and internal stakeholders (JHSC, Site Leadership) to develop, audit, and achieve the highest level of safety standards
- Facilitate and conduct workplace risk assessments in partnership with with the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Train employees, monitor and correct use of PPE, engineering and administrative safety controls in both production and non-production areas
- Conduct daily safety walks and huddles to ensure high compliance in safety measures
- Manage and document employee GMP and Safety trainings
- Track and oversee Health and Safety performance metrics - Near Misses, Injuries, Missed Work Days
- Manage employee health screening process (e.g. check in, temperature testing, online questionnaires) - promptly escalate safety issues and risks to Site Leadership and JHSC
- Ensure employees maintain social distance measures (e.g. social distance policy)
- Review and collaborate with Facilities Manager to adjust sanitation practices
- Ensure and track health and safety compliance and take part in the Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC), including conduct spot checks and participate in incident investigations
- Manage inventory of safety supplies, ordering as needed and ensuring that costs are appropriately managed (e.g. masks, plastic bags, face shields, gloves)
- Maintain office, lunchroom area, and outdoor facilities by collaborating with the Facilities Manager and Sanitation Teams on defining standards for routine maintenance and cleaning. (e.g. ensure areas are being cleaned, regular sanitization schedules are being followed, etc.)
- Completed post-secondary in (EHS) Environmental Health and Safety, or related field or equivalent work experience in an OSHA background.
- 1 year of Health & Safety management and/or executive level support experience (preferred but not required)
- Demonstrated experience in providing high quality customer experience, building a safety culture, communicating to get team member buy-in
- Detail oriented with proven ability to prioritize and work efficiently with minimum direction or supervision
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to perform administrative tasks with high degree of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), including active listening and proofreading
- Ability to perform at a high level in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to demonstrate good, sound judgment
- Availability to work weekend schedules and in temperature controlled (it’s food, so it’s cold!) facilities
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite (Calendar, Gmail, Docs, Sheets), and video conferencing (Hangouts Meet)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary and company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh boxes
- High level of responsibility and autonomy
- Opportunities for professional learning, development, and growth
- Working with a fun, entrepreneurial and supportive team
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills and experience, and strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.