OSG is searching for two experienced, customer focused Trainers to deliver engaging and high quality Health & Safety training to our clients in the Cambridge / Kitchener-Waterloo region, as well as the GTA. We are looking to add one Trainer for each location, for a total of two open positions.
Reporting to the Program Manager, Training, our Trainers are responsible for facilitating a wide range of courses in person and virtually to OSG clients across Ontario as well as executing practical evaluations for mobile equipment training courses. As the face of OSG, you will ensure our courses are delivered with the highest quality and consistency every time. You thrive on engaging learners and have an innate ability to use your past experiences to reinforce the learning outcomes in our courses.
The ability to travel is required for this position and based on client needs the flexibility to work outside of normal business hours, including weekends, early mornings and overnight shifts is a must. A valid driverâ€™s license is required as well as a home office with reliable internet access.
What will you do in this role?
- Facilitate both in-person and online training courses to audiences across different industries using adult learning principles and best practices
- Rely on your industry knowledge of various subjects and the practical application to accurately answer participant questions with sensitivity, professionalism and inclusivity at all times
- Perform practical evaluations for courses (mobile equipment, etc)
- Ensure that administrative requirements are completed accurately and in a timely manner, including timesheets, expenses etc
- Act as a subject matter expert as required to the Curriculum team in order to assist in the development or modification of course content
- Provide feedback to relevant internal teams to ensure seamless, accurate and meaningful content delivery to the client
- Work closely with Account Managers to best understand the needs of our clients, and also share any relevant information and opportunities to maximize both customer satisfaction and revenue generation
What can you bring to the table?
- Post Secondary Education in Health and Safety or a related field
- CRSP certification is a strong plus, as is an Adult Education Certificate
- Health and Safety certifications and accreditations (e.g. WHMIS, Working at Heights, Train the Trainer programs, Joint Health and Safety Committee)
- Solid understanding and knowledge of legislation including but not limited to the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Canadian Standards Association, the Canada Labour Code and other applicable Health and Safety regulations
- 5 years practical experience using adult learning techniques and best practices in a trainer/facilitator capacity including both virtual and in person environments, and with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experienced with learners from various industries such as construction, manufacturing, medical, legal, retail, and education
- 5 years experience using mobile equipment including Forklifts, Cranes, Aerial Work Platforms, Telehandler, etc.
- 2 years delivering Health and Safety Programs including Confined Space Awareness, Lockout, Working at Heights, Train the Trainer and Joint Health and Safety Committee Certification training, etc.
- Proficiency with using Google Suite, tech savviness and the willingness and ability to embrace new technologies
- Comfortable working at heights using approved safety protocols
Whatâ€™s in it for you:
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, vision, and dental
- Company vehicle is provided
- Competitive compensation
- Physical and mental rest, enjoy personal wellness days
Who are we?
We're OSG - a team dedicated to changing the way people view workplace wellbeing. We partner with businesses across Canada, enhancing the performance and wellness of their workplaces. Our training, consulting, and software partnered with various health and safety products equip our clients with the tools needed to keep their organizations productive, healthy, and inclusive. Weâ€™re firm believers in practicing what we preach - at OSG you can expect an inclusive workplace that champions professional growth.
Powered by JazzHR