Job DescriptionJob Title: Health Unit WorkerWork Site: Vancouver Community Sites - Vancouver, BCStatus: CasualStart Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $20.36 - $22.47 per hourHours:
Casual shifts as required.Reference#: 129750-cye
Come work as a Health Unit Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Health Unit Worker to join the casual pool for various Vancouver Community sites. Apply today to join our team!
As a Health Unit Worker with VCH you will:
- Support the community health programs/centres/clinics by:
- maintaining inventories of medical/surgical, biological supplies and resources,
- setting up and dismantling clinic areas,
- cleaning and disinfecting equipment,
- and assembling and preparing education packages for clients.
- Perform other related administrative support functions as required.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12.
- One (1) year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of healthcare equipment.
- Knowledge of sterilization techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of health care facilities/clinics practices and procedures.
- Ability to operate related equipment and computer software programs.
- Ability to keyboard 5,000 strokes per hour.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain satisfactory working relationships with the public and team members.
- Ability to deal tactfully with coworkers and clients
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.