Passionate to be THE Difference in Seniors Living
Quality is our Compass. We Build Communities that Care. We fulfill our Greatest Potential Everyday. Our Best Ideas come from Our People.
Dedicated to providing engaging lifestyle choices for retirement communities, Advantage Assist has been redefining what it means to "Age in Place" in today's society. Our Parents Home provides Independent, Supportive & Memory Care Living options for seniors in a diverse, active, vibrant and premier communities across Alberta.
It takes a special kind of person to work at Advantage Assist. We look for people who have a passion for engaging with older adults. People who have a real commitment to treating residents with the respect, honor and dignity they deserve. People with the experience, and expertise, to help residents live the lives they envision for themselves. If making a difference in people's lives is one of the things that make you tick, then you are the right fit for us.
We are currently seeking Healthcare Aides to join our team based out of the diverse, active, vibrant and premier community of Our Parents Home in downtown Edmonton, AB.
Please note, this position is only allowed to work for one employer.
The Healthcare Aide delivers resident-focused care within full scope of practice of a HCA, in a home-like environment, respecting the individuality and dignity of each resident/family and co-workers including the completion of the following duties:
- Performs the responsibilities of the position within the legislative and regulatory standards set out in the applicable Provincial and Municipal Acts. Performs the responsibilities of the position consistent with Operational Policies.
- Participates in all aspects of personal resident care to ensure the physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of each resident/family are met.
- Responsible for adhering to and seeking guidance on the principles of safe medication assistance. Medication assistance is a service provided to clients to ensure medication is taken as intended by the prescriber when the client is assessed as being unable to independently take his or her own medications safely.
- Delivers effective and efficient care under the direction of the supervisor that promotes resident/family choice and acknowledges the resident strengths, limitations, as well as their need for safety and the safety of other resident/family and staff.
- Protects own health and health of others by adopting safe work practices, reporting unsafe conditions immediately, and attending all relevant in-services regarding occupational health and safety. Follows all guidelines for employees and employers as legislated under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
The core competencies of the Healthcare Aide's role consist of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements
- Graduate of a Health Care Aide program recognized by Alberta Health Services.
- Currently registered in the Alberta Healthcare Aide Directory.
- Two years of experience in a health care setting is preferred.
- Medication Delivery Certificate is a requirement.
- Experience in Assisted Living or Long Term Care setting an asset.
- Proficient with computers and software systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Respectful & compassionate.
- Must have a strong understanding of the English language.
- Enthusiastic attitude and energy to provide excellent care and service on behalf of the company.
- Awareness of accident and injury prevention, hazard identification and control; adherence to safe work practices and procedures is essential in this position.
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to person-centered care.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission, vision and values of the company is essential.
- Respect the resident's rights to privacy and to be treated with dignity.
- A current and clear Criminal Records Check
- Physically and mentally fit to perform the duties of the position (may be required to lift, move, push, or pull objects weighing up to 20 kilograms).
- Ability to work on his/her feet for a complete shift while constantly bending, stretching, walking, lifting or moving things.
Our Parents Home offers an exceptional workplace with a competitive compensation package, opportunity for career growth and exceptional health benefits. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.