As the leading distributor of public works equipment, Joe Johnson Equipment (JJE) provides mobile infrastructure-maintenance equipment to municipalities and contractors across Canada and the US. Through our branch network, we sell, rent, lease, service and support Vacuum Trucks, Refuse & Recycling Collection Vehicles, Street Sweepers, Snow Removal Equipment, Mowing Equipment, Ice Resurfacing Equipment, Sewer Cleaners and Inspection Cameras.
JJE is a dynamic and growing organization, focused on maintaining an employer of choice culture. We have a stable, team-based and collaborative work environment that drives our organization to be best-in-class within our industry.
We offer opportunities across Canada and the US, and are committed to providing challenging and rewarding career paths for our employees. JJE provides very competitive compensation packages, robust group benefits and an opportunity to grow professionally.
JJE is a proud subsidiary of Federal Signal Corporation.
HEAVY DUTY EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN
LOCATION: Winnipeg, Manitoba
POSITION TYPE: Full Time - Days
The Heavy Duty Equipment Technician is responsible for troubleshooting and performing mechanical repairs and installs on a variety of heavy equipment.
- Journeyman in the Heavy Duty Equipment trade
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract
- Two (2)+ years as a Licensed Technician working on Heavy Duty equipment
- Experienced with reading schematics, performing hydraulic and electrical work
- Chassis experience considered an asset
- Exposure to Street Sweepers, Vacuum Trucks or Refuse equipment is considered an asset
- Experience setting up and operating complex machinery
- Experience using MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to work in a safe manner
- Demonstrated team player and willing to assist others when required
- Attention to detail and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Independent problem solver and decision maker
- Ability to plan and execute aspects of work independently
- Perform preventative maintenance, repairs, troubleshooting, PDIs (pre-delivery inspections) and test a variety of mechanical and electronic equipment represented by the Company
- Perform hydraulic and electrical diagnostics
- Conduct repairs in a timely and effective manner, communicating effectively with the Service and Parts teams to ensure optimal efficiency
- Communicate with Lead Hand and/or Service Manager regarding job progress and job status changes
- Maintain organized and safe work area, shop tools and service vans
- Complete additional tasks as assigned
WHY WORK AT JJE?
- Competitive compensation package with annual increase opportunities
- Robust Group Benefits 100% paid for by the Company – inclusive of Health, Dental, Life, Disability and Travel coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer Matching Retirement Savings Plan
- Profit sharing opportunities paid quarterly
- Opportunity to grow professionally
- Work boot, tool and prescription safety glasses reimbursement
- Tuition & Professional Development paid
- Factory training opportunities and Technician training bonus up to $3,000.00
- Ongoing safety training and safe work environment
- Federally recognized as certified Employment Equity organization
If you are looking for a new opportunity, then we at Joe Johnson Equipment welcome your application. We encourage applications from all qualified persons, however only those who are being considered for the position will be contacted.
If you are contacted for an interview and require any accommodation, please notify HR in advance and we will provide applicable accommodation.