Heavy Duty Mechanic - $32.90/hour + Sign On Bonus of $3000.00!!!
- Performs repairs and maintenance on heavy trucks and other vehicles or heavy equipment to maximize safe and productive operations.
- Typical repairs include but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repairing engines chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders, brake systems, suspension systems, cooling systems, wheels and tires.
- Hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics
- Road tests vehicles to troubleshoot problems and/or test repairs to ensure proper and safe completion.
- Inspects equipment and/or trucks for condition, operations, parts and fluid levels, differentials, final drives, pump drives, and hubs.
- Reads and interprets vehicle condition reports, and/or repair orders, communicates with supervisor and driver for clarification of problems. May discuss preventative techniques with drivers to minimize future repairs.
Shift of the Heavy Duty Mechanic:
- Monday to Thursday 4:00 pm to 2:30 am
- Friday 4:00 pm to 9:30 pm
Pay rate and benefits of the Heavy Duty Mechanic:
- $32.90 hour + premium for night shift
- Sign on Bonus!!! ($3,000.00)
- Safety and Performance bonuses all year round!
- Safe and clean wo0rking environment
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- RRSP program matched by the company
- Generous tool allowance
- Boots allowance
- Uniforms and PPE
- Paid time off
- Growth opportunities
- Family oriented company
Requirements and Qualifications of the Heavy Duty Mechanic:
- SAFETY mentality
- 310T LICENCE (MANDATORY)
- 2 years of verifiable Diesel Truck/Heavy Equipment experience
- Solid knowledge of air brakes and Hydraulics repair
- Computer diagnostic experience would be an asset.
- Availability to do shift work as per business needs
- Position requires that you have your own tools.
- Electrical, Brakes, Diagnostic work on Mack, ABS, Allison,
- A and B Services
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $68,432.00 /year
starting at $68,432.00 /year