Transportation Business operating since 1985 is now hiring for 310J or 310T Mechanics for the Brampton and Prescott Terminals. The available position is full time day shift Monday to Friday.
- Must have either 310T OR 310J License
- Good communication skills and work attitude.
- Highly motivated individual and ability to work in a fast paced work environment with shifting priorities and perform duties with little or no supervision.
- Commitment to safety and quality workmanship.
- Preventative and scheduled repairs on tractor and trailers.
- Identify any warranty repairs and complete necessary paperwork
- Perform Ministry of Transportation vehicle inspections as per Ministry guidelines
- Inspect steering mechanisms, brake systems,wheel bearings, and other parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment.
- Adjust and replace brake, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.
- Shop Work area cleanup.
- Performs other shop duties as required.
- 1 to 2 years experience and knowledge of shop practices.
- Ability to diagnose repair mechanical/electrical problems.
based on experience