Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/en/careers .
Lafarge is recruiting a Heavy Duty Mechanic for permanent position located at our Texada Quarry on Texada Island, BC.
Heavy Duty Mechanics are responsible for equipment used in all areas of the operation. A high level of safety practices must be used at all times.
- Preventative maintenance service
- General equipment and vehicle repairs
- Maintain paper and electronic records
- Diagnose and repair equipment and vehicle deficiencies
- Maintain shop equipment
- Production environment troubleshooting and repairs
- General safety in and around equipment and operating plant
- Reporting unsafe job sites and procedures
- Maintain a positive image to the customers and the general public
- Ability to plan work and self-direct
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- A valid journeyman ticket is required
Experience and Skill Set:
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Knowledge and experience with hydraulics and air brakes
- Knowledge and experience with gas and diesel engines
- Knowledge and experience with electrical systems and schematics
- Prefer experience with Caterpillar loaders.
The working environment is indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions, as well as extreme heat and dust in certain parts of the operation.
Pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol testing may be required.
Through LafargeHolcim’s 2030 Plan, Lafarge is committed to providing solutions using sustainable manufacturing practices and improving the environment in and around its operations. The company has a sixty year history in Canada and works continually to reduce carbon dioxide emissions, restore wetlands for native plants and animals, and identify waste materials that can be recycled and used in our operations.