Looking to expand your mining career? Join the SunHills Mining team at the Highvale Mine, Canada’s largest surface strip coal mine managed and operated by SunHills Mining Limited partnership (LP), a TransAlta entity. The Highvale Mine is located about 80 km west of Edmonton near Lake Wabamun and fuels three coal-fired plants operated by TransAlta.
We are currently recruitng for HD Mechanics to repair, troubleshoot, adjust, overhaul and maintainheavy-duty equipment for the site. All work must be performed in accordance with health & safety, industry, production and legislative requirements.
- Repair, rebuild, overhaul and perform routine maintenance work on Mobile and Dragline machinery and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and adjust equipment. Repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using a variety of hand and power tools
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications with emphasis on safe operation
- Perform repair work on medium and heavy duty single, double and tri axle trucks
- Respond to breakdowns to troubleshoot and complete any repairs or installations needed.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the installation and repair of machinery.
- Work with outside contractors and service providers as required.
- Complete all necessary paperwork as required.
- Report any real or potential safety/health hazard to the Supervisor.
- Conduct daily inspections of the work area.
- Report all accidents, incidents or near misses to the Supervisor.
- Observe all legislated H&S regulations as well as established workplace safety procedures.
- Inter-Provincial Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic certification
- Previous mining experience
- Previous experience on Caterpillar, Komatsu equipmentas well as Draglinesand Electric and Hydraulic Shovels
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, assembly, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, technical drawings, schematics and procedural manuals.
- Outstanding communication (oral/written) skills required.
- Strong team building skills.
- Hands-on, self-sufficient and demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude.
- An experienced management team to mentor and support your growth
- A fast paced, challenging environment
- A feel-good team that appreciates exceptional performance and results and embraces diversity
- A competitive compensation package
Our commitment is to attract and retain the best talent. Some positions may require the successful completion of one or more background checks such as criminal, medical, or compliance. If these verifications are needed, they will be indicated on the job posting.