Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Heavy Equipment Mechanic:
- Perform repairs and maintenance on heavy trucks and other vehicles or heavy equipment to maximize safe and productive operations.
- Typical repairs include but are not limited to routine maintenance and repairing engines chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders, brake systems, suspension systems, cooling systems, wheels and tires.
- Road test vehicles to troubleshoot problems and/or test repairs to ensure proper and safe completion.
- Inspect equipment and/or trucks for condition, operations, parts and fluid levels, differentials, final drives, pump drives and hubs.
- Read and interpret vehicle condition reports and/or repair orders, communicate with supervisor and driver for clarification of problems. May discuss preventative techniques with drivers to minimize future repairs.
- Make emergency road calls to make repairs on trucks that break down while driving.
Pay rate and benefits of the Heavy Equipment Mechanic:
- Full benefits
- Tool allowance
- Boots and uniforms
- Growth opportunities
Requirements and Qualifications of the Heavy Equipment Mechanic:
- 2 years of verifiable Diesel Truck/Heavy Equipment experience
- Solid knowledge of Air Brakes and Hydraulics repair
- ASE certification or ability to obtain same
- Computer diagnostic experience would be an asset
- Availability to do shift work as per business needs
- Position requires that you have your own tools
- Diagnostic work on Mack, ABS, Allison, Heil
- A and B Services
Safety #1 Priority Mentality is a Must!!!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,632.00 /year