Job TitleHeavy Equipment Mechanic
Requisition Primary LocationCoronation, Alberta
Rate of pay – $42 per hour
Hours: Mon to Fri. 7 am to 5 pm (10 hrs per day)
Coronation Landfill is looking for a Red Seal Heavy Equipment Mechanic for our shop in Coronation, Alberta.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a small knit community of about 940 people. Coronation is a 3 hr drive from Calgary, Edmonton and about 2 hr from Red Deer , and has an area of about 3.6 square kms. The Coronation Landfill has 18 team members.
Relocation Assistance may be provided.
Safety is key in our business and our mechanics play a crucial role in maintaining both personal and equipment safety. The Mechanic is responsible for maintaining WCC off road heavy equipment in safe working order. The Mechanic will ensure that all equipment meet all government regulations and standards for safety, as well as WCC safety standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs repairs and maintenance on heavy equipment to maximize safe and productive operations.
- Typical repairs include but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repairing engines chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders, brake systems, suspension systems, cooling systems, under carriage, wheels and tires.
- Inspects equipment and/or trucks for condition, operations, parts and fluid levels, differentials, final drives, pump drives, and hubs.
- Reads and interprets vehicle condition reports, and/or repair orders, communicates with supervisor and operator for clarification of problems. May discuss preventative techniques with operators to minimize future repairs.
- Makes emergency on-site inspections to make repairs on equipment that break down during operations
- Uses a large array of hand and power tools.
- Cleans parts and tools with chemical solvents.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 4-5 years of verifiable Diesel Truck/Heavy Equipment experience
- Solid knowledge of Brakes and Hydraulics repair
- Solid computer diagnostic experience
- Caterpillar and Volvo experience would be an asset.
- Available to work between 7am – 5pm, Monday through Friday (50 hrs per week)
- Overtime paid after 8 hrs per day
- Some weekend work may be required
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Dexterity for handling small parts and tools in tight spaces.
- Sufficient strength for handling larger parts and tools.
- Pushing, pulling, reaching above/at/below shoulder, standing stooping, crouching, bending, walking, crawling, kneeling, carrying lifting 10-100 lbs.
- Visually inspects equipment and parts; adequate hearing.
- Able to work utilizing safety glasses, steel-toed work shoes, uniform and hearing protection.
- Able to climb steps and ladders.
- Work performed indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Subjected to loud noises, vibrations, hardworking surfaces, lubricants and chemicals, fumes, dirt and inherent hazards of mechanic work.
Please note - only successful candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.