Requisition ID: 79645
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
The South West Calgary Ring Road Project is looking for Heavy Equipment Operators! A Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Heavy equipment may include articulating rock trucks, loaders, excavators, dozers, graders, and other pieces of equipment. The Heavy Equipment Operator is also responsible for the basic maintenance of equipment, safety around equipment and the compliance of markers, grades and stakes.
- Operate all heavy equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Must be able to operate any of the following equipment in a safe and productive manner:
- Caterpillar, John Deer and/or Komatsu (mini excavators, small excavators from 7-18 metric ton to large excavators 20-65 metric ton)
- Caterpillar D4 - D8 Dozer and/or John Deere 450-650 or equivalent and/or larger
- Caterpillar, Hamm and/or Dynapac single/double drum packer
- Caterpillar, Volvo and/or Komatsu 30 ton articulating rock truck
- Caterpillar and/or Komatsu 908-980 size loader
- Caterpillar 140s and Caterpillar 14H, 14M, 16H, 16M
- Be compliant with all regulatory requirements and established safe practices, such as; PPE, 3 point contact, lockouts and safe parking.
- Demonstrate skill in the identification of key hazards and use of strategies to work safely, such as; stability of soils, edges, excavations, stability of machine, and awareness of position, clearance, safe movement, other machinery/vehicles/workers
- Start-up and Shut down of equipment safely, by following comprehensive pre-operational checks, star-up and shutdown procedures.
- Maintain and monitor equipment, following maintenance procedures and monitoring gauges
- Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required
- Advise the Foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Practice workplace safety
- Understand ground disturbance permits & process
- Other duties may be assigned
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in heavy civil construction
- Must have a valid class 5 (or better) driver’s license with clean drivers abstract
- Must be able to communicate well with co-workers
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies
- The successful candidate must successfully complete a site pre-access drug and alcohol test
- Ability to work cooperatively independently and with a team in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Able to work shift work as required, including night shift
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- The ability to stand, crouch and kneel for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity, balance for working on scaffolding.
- Requires standing and bending over for extensive periods of time. Often requires crawling, climbing, grasping, kneeling, squatting, and twisting.
- Requires working at heights, climbing and descending ladders frequently.
- Candidates should be able to lift weight (50lbs), able to work on heights.
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment:Equipment Operator, Engineer, Law, Night, Compliance, Manufacturing, Engineering, Legal, Operations