Job TitleHeavy Equipment Operator
Requisition Primary LocationBlenheim, Ontario
Waste Connections of Canada is looking for an experienced HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR for the Ridge Landfill in Blenheim, Ontario.
Seeking a safe and proficient heavy equipment operator to perform various functions related to the daily placement, compaction and covering of non-hazardous solid waste.
- 2 years of experience as a heavy equipment operator
- Ability to work well with others
- Experience in the safe and efficient operation of: dozer, articulating dump truck, excavator, loader and grader, etc.
- Know and embrace the company’s operating values
- Daily placement, compaction and covering of waste
- Grow and promote the site’s safety culture
- Operate heavy equipment in a proficient and safe manner, while avoiding preventable damage to equipment
- Communicate verbally and in writing with the scale and the shop as required, in a clear and courteous manner
- Complete all applicable reports and paperwork timely and correctly
- Continually provide a high level of customer service
- Create an environment where the customer feels welcomed
- Daily communicate via Daily Inspection Reports any defects or repairs needed
- Perform all fluid level checks, fueling, greasing, undercarriage cleaning, etc. as required
- Productively operate heavy equipment in a safe manner
- Keep equipment maintained daily, and clean of debris
What’s In It for You?
You will be joining a team environment and colleagues who embrace a “work hard, play harder” culture. Our compensation package is competitive, and comes with excellent benefits. You’ll also be associating yourself with a company that likes to lead by example, through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives and more.
Waste Connections of Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.