Title: High Pressure Operator
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
We are a leading, vertically integrated provider of essential environmental and industrial services in Canada for industrial, commercial and institutional end markets, including the manufacturing, mining, construction, refining and petrochemical, waste management and remediation, institutional, transportation, pulp and paper, utilities and oil and gas sectors. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, we employ over 2,100 people and operate an integrated network of over 70 locations, coast to coast.
We are uniquely suited to address both the simple and complex environmental service needs of a sophisticated customer base through our highly specialized network of facilities, broad portfolio of service capabilities, deep understanding of the waste volumes we manage, and robust health and safety and regulatory compliance programs. Our comprehensive portfolio of services, including onsite and field services and collection, processing, recovery and disposal, allows us to manage the lifecycle of waste streams from point of generation through ultimate resolution, with an orientation towards minimizing disposal and maximizing the recovery or recycling of valuable by-products.
For more information, visit www.TERRAPUREenv.com.
Our Fort McMurray group is looking for experienced High Pressure Operators to join our team for various short and long term projects. This position will report to the Supervisor and will work together to ensure all projects are done safely and on schedule. This position is based out of Fort McMurray, AB.
- Operating High Pressure & Vacuum equipment.
- Installing temporary equipment & performing routine job duties.
- Troubleshooting as required
- Ensuring Health and Safety is the number one goal by following and ensuring compliance of policies and processes
- Maintaining work site cleanliness at all times
- Completing equipment maintenance inspections prior to and after projects
- Extensive travel (mostly within Canada) for projects and turnarounds at client sites
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Minimum 2 years previous Industrial Cleaning experience.
- Class 1 or 3 Drivers’ License with a clean abstract.
- Capacity for standing for long durations and able to lift up to 50lbs regularly
- Eager to learn new skills
- Willingness to take direction and work effectively in stressful situations
- Ability to multitask and adapt to new working environments
- TDG and WHMIS experience would be considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships through a constantly changing environment
Terrapure Environmental is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment without discrimination and employ personnel without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground. Our philosophy is to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities for our employees based on skills and capability.
Terrapure Environmental provides applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation upon request, as may be required.
How to Apply
Please submit your application on-line under Careers at http://www.terrapureenv.com
Thank you for your interest but only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.