MatchBox is seeking a General Site Superintendent for our client in Vancouver that specializes in high-rise concrete residential projects.
As the General Site Superintendent, you will be responsible for managing upcoming tower and multi family projects. Secondly, you will provide overall support to site staff, enforce company and project policies and ensures projects are constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Lastly, you will be responsible for coordinating the production efforts of direct Superintendents under your supervision and motivating individuals to accomplish the work safely, correctly and efficiently.
- Run the day-to-day operations on the construction site.
- Responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, budgets and job site safety by maintaining daily reports that accurately tracks site progress and maintaining the highest safety standards.
- Responsible for supervising and coordinating construction activities.
- Supervises, directs, coach and trains Junior Superintendents, Project Coordinators, and Field Coordinators.
- Creates site-specific plans and procedures; ensures the implementation of the organization’s Safety Program to create a safe work environment throughout the job site
- Ensures project materials and workmanship meets the project Quality Standards and Design requirements.
- Obtains necessary information from engineers, designers, inspectors, municipal/provincial authorities and owners.
- Play an active role as a mentor to junior field staff.
- 3+ years in high rise construction
- 10+ years in a Site Management role
- Experience with a concrete structure, building envelope, and interior finishing.
- Strong Construction software experience
- Demonstrated ability to ensure that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standard is
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Mentors project team members in order to contribute to their development and career
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong leadership and management skills, ability to motivate and lead by example
- Solid understanding of current construction practices; working knowledge of construction processes, documents, drawings, specifications, and project
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating & maintenance instructions and procedures
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities and relevant news feed, please VISIT us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment
- Performance bonus
- Paid sick days
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Events
- Gym Memberships
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Free Food and Coffee
- Flexible Schedules
- Game Rooms
- Work From Home
- Professional Development
- Vacation/paid time off