Our client is a dynamic, privately owned global leader in providing secure transportation and logistics solutions and is actively looking for highly motivated team player who is dedicated to excellence and welcome challenging and rewarding opportunities. A major player in both the global and the Canadian market, this is a great opportunity to join an exciting and successful team.
Comprehensive and competitive compensation plan, commensurate with experience including base and benefits eligibility.
This unique and exciting opportunity presents a successful candidate with a chance to grow within the organization, move up, and be recognized for doing a great job while working in a friendly and a nurturing work environment.
The High Value Air Freight Supervisor will operate out of their Mississauga facility. The incumbent will be responsible for the overall operation at the branch with a strong focus on Air Freight and Cargo operations.
The key responsibilities include:
- Planning, supervision and control of all warehouse and airport operations.
- Responsible for the supervision and training of all employees, new and existing including maintaining a proper working discipline that favors employee's productivity and morale.
- Supervise airport operations which includes directing truck employees, communicating with branches and International affiliates while ensuring that processes are in accordance with the GSR
- Liaise with Canada Customs officers and Customs Brokers on a daily basis to ensure that all shipments meet Customs rules
- Negotiate freight rates and book freight allotments on an as needed basis
- Liaise with major customers in order to understand service requirements
- Ensure receipts for all shipments and documents are accurate and meet deadlines
- Ensure warehouse opening and closing procedures are adhered to and able to effectively perform warehouse balancing operations
- Develops best practices and ensures operational adherence to defined processing standards
- Exercise a leadership role that shall bring a high level of productivity, performance and morale among all sales and operations team personnel of the station.
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) and organizational skills.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- The ability to set targets, establish priorities and meet goals both individually and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and action oriented
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team based environment
- Proficiency in the use of PC applications
- The ability to effectively hire, coach and train staff as needed.
- Previous Supervisory experience is an asset.
- Must be able to work flex hours as required
- A valid Possession and Acquisition License for both restricted and Non-Restricted, or the ability to obtain one.
High Value Air Freight Supervisor
Syeda Saher, Recruitment Consultant
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the "APPLY" button located elsewhere on this job posting (preferred) or email your resume to: email@example.com
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RECRUITER:
Syeda Saher: http://stoakley.com/meet-syeda-saher
March 12, 2020
JOB ORDER NUMBER:
ABOUT STOAKLEY-STEWART CONSULTANTS:
Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. is an Executive Search/Recruiting Firm with international reach. We opened our doors in 1977 and have grown to be one of the most successful employment agencies in Canada, boasting over 300 person-years of recruiting expertise. We house a team of top-notch consultants, each acting as Subject Matter Expert in their chosen field. As a result we provide professional recruiting services to clients and candidates in a variety of industries. This expansive breadth of experience allows us, as a firm, to satisfy all of your hiring/employment needs. In accordance with Canadian laws, it is the policy of Stoakley-Stewart Consultants to consider all qualified individuals for available positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, age, disability etc.
See ALL of our open jobs at: http://data.stoakley.com/alljobs.asp
WHAT ARE WE KNOWN FOR AND HOW DO WE HELP?
- Helping talented professionals secure new, exciting and rewarding career opportunities
- Treating each unique individual with professionalism, respect and integrity
- Meeting your distinct needs by matching you with the right corporate culture
By you ("the applicant") submitting your resumé and/or personal information here, grant Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. ("SSC") the right to use personal data for recruitment and selection purposes. The applicant understands that the applicant's personal information is only collected, used and disclosed by SSC in accordance with this form or otherwise as permitted by law. The applicant authorizes SSC to collect, use and disclose their personal information in order to attempt to assist them in gaining employment with of one of SSC's clients. For this purpose and as part of this process, the applicant authorizes SSC to take a number of steps, typically including, but not necessarily limited to: Obtaining their resumé and references (and any updates thereof); Interviewing them; Producing a video-clip of them; Speaking with their references; Verifying information and performing other searches and checks, done either by SSC or by an independent agency on behalf of SSC; Evaluating information about the applicant to analyze their suitability to potential positions; Disclosing any information about the applicant as provided by the applicant, by references and by other sources to any present or future client of SSC who, based on the applicant's qualifications, work requirements, desires and other factors and determined solely in the discretion of SSC, has or may have a position to which the applicant is or may be suited. The applicant understands that SSC will not disclose their information to a present or future client without speaking to the applicant first and receiving the applicant's verbal consent.
FOLLOW US FOR THE LATEST JOBS, CAREER ADVICE AND JOB MARKET TRENDS:
- Paid sick days
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employee Events
- Long Term Disability
- Performance bonus
- Flexible Schedules
- Vacation/paid time off
- Paid Holidays