Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/careers .
The objective of this job is to be prepared every day to carry out highway maintenance work including supervision of workers. This could involve inspecting roads, driving snow plow truck, doing labour type work such as crack sealing, installing signs, removal of debris off of highways and any other type of duty that is necessary.
- Be prepared to be trained in the following programs if not already trained:
- Employee orientation
- Operator training
- Flag training
- First Aid
- And any other course that management believes will be applicable to the duties.
- Ensure all safe work practices are adhered to.
- Complete written administration information as requested by superintendent.
- Report any accidents or incidents that have occurred while performing the work.
- Take the company medical and drug screening
- Service, clean, repair and maintain equipment
- Ensure that equipment is being maintained to Company and safety standards.
- Establish safe work and productive habits.
- Be prepared to report to work on very short notice even on week ends.
- You will report directly to foreman or his designate
Specific Accountabilities: (As directed by the foreman or Supervisor)
- Inspect highways and their conditions
- Report any deficiencies to superintendent
- Operate snow plow truck
- Operate loaders to load snowplow trucks
- Carry out manual work such as:
- Sign repairs
- Guardrail repairs
- Removal of road kill
- Placing of Gravel or asphalt
- Repair of delineators
- Crack sealing
- Other maintenance activities as required
- Ensure the public’s safety during work activities
- Grade ten education or higher.
- A minimum of two years truck driving experience
- Class 3 license with air endorsement
- Experience in operating snow plow trucks
Pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol testing and a criminal record check may be required.
As the world leader in the building materials industry, LafargeHolcim Ltd and its subsidiaries have the assets necessary to meet the building and design challenges of today’s increasing urbanization. Globally, LafargeHolcim has 115,000 employees, a well-balanced local presence in 90 countries and combined net sales of CHF 33 billion (EUR 27 billion) in 2014. With the most innovative cement, concrete, and aggregates solutions, strong R&D and a commitment to health, safety, and sustainability, LafargeHolcim has the building solutions to meet customers’ needs, from the individual homebuilder to the largest and most complex project. We are committed to drive sustainable solutions for better building and infrastructure while contributing to a higher quality of life. We are positioned to deliver on this commitment.