Requisition ID: 20745
Job Category: Infrastructure
Our organization is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. Our global network of 9,000 professionals combine vast engineering and business knowledge, working in partnership with our clients to develop market strategies, manage and optimize production, develop new game-changing technologies, and design and deliver complex capital projects. Our corporate roots extend back more than a hundred years, and our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors. We work closely with the communities in which we serve to ensure that our solutions optimize environmental protection, economic prosperity, social justice, and cultural vibrancy.
Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Highways and Bridges Manager, with extensive experience in transportation and structures, to join our dynamic team located in our Vancouver office (preferred). The role would be client-facing and require coordination and management of both business development and project specific activities. The successful candidate will lead the Practice in Western Canada and share our vision of growing the business and be able to develop and articulate a plan to shape a team suitable to our target markets.
- Responsibilities include overall leadership of Hatch’s Highways & Bridges practice in Western Canada coordinating the combined efforts of our Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton offices;
- Prepare, plan and direct marketing activities with a major focus on business development, networking, building partnerships and client engagement;
- Direct and assist in the preparation of proposals, interviews/presentations, scopes of work and fees;
- General oversight and project management of portfolio of civil and highway structural engineering projects including quality, schedules, budgets, risk management and client service;
- Coordinate project staff while maintaining group workload and managing financials;
- Collaborate and coordinate with other internal regional practice leads and with other consultants externally;
- Develop high performing teams including hiring, mentoring and managing staff and teams;
- Grow the business and enhance the current knowledge of technological advances in the industry.
- Graduate from an accredited university in Civil Engineering with a focus on transportation or structural engineering;
- P. Eng designation is required;
- 15+ years proven track record in project management relating to highways, transportation and/or structural engineering for both private and public-sector projects;
- Capable of serving as Project Director or Pursuit Manager on high profile and complex alternative delivery projects including design-build or public private partnerships (P3);
- Experience with Design Build and P3 projects would be an asset;
- Experience in the design of bridges for public and private transportation facilities including roadway, rail, transit, and pedestrian bridges would be an asset;
- Experience and interest in business development initiatives, and in the development and maintenance of client relations;
- Experienced with oversight of multiple projects in terms of schedules, staffing and revenue;
- Skills in coaching and mentoring and staff management;
- Ability to foster teamwork, energy, enthusiasm and collaboration within Hatch’s highways and bridges practice;
- Must be aligned with Hatch core values focusing on entrepreneurship, technology, a client focused culture and integrity;
- Management, verbal, written, networking, and interpersonal capabilities;
- A demonstrable network of government and private contacts within the infrastructure industry is a necessity;
- Strong technical competence and report writing skills;
- Must have sound knowledge of current engineering and construction principles, methods and practices;
- Track record of delivering projects on time and to budget;
- A self-starter.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.