Joan Holmes & Associates Inc. is a leader in the historical research consulting field. Our quality research and excellent reputation has made us a highly regarded company that is constantly in demand. Since 1983, we have been providing superior research, analysis and document management services on land claims, Indigenous rights, and a variety of litigation issues. We are seeking qualified Ottawa-based researchers for research projects in the National Capital Region.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in History, Indigenous Studies, Canadian Studies, Political Science, Anthropology, Geography.
- Professional experience conducting research in primary sources and report writing.
- Strong English language skills (reading, writing, speaking) mandatory. French an asset.
- Experience conducting research-related activities in the area of Crown-Indigenous relations.
- Eligible for federal government security clearance.
- Experience working with databases and spreadsheets.
Duties and responsibilities on research projects could include:
- Identify relevant primary and secondary sources, to be reviewed for the purposes of the litigation
- Analyze relevant primary and secondary sources
- Review identified files or other primary and secondary source materials to identify and flag relevant documents for copying
- Search online archival collections and information systems as needed
- Prepare brief written descriptions of reviewed materials
- Enter summaries of individual historical documents into databases
- Transcribe illegible documents
- Prepare written products in various formats
Remuneration will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please submit your resumé describing your relevant work experience in detail by November 15, 2019. Those qualified applicants who are contacted will be asked to provide professional references.