Home Care Assistance Edmonton is looking for Health Care Aides who have experience with home care and are dedicated to providing care to all clients within North West Edmonton. As a Health Care Aide, one is responsible for providing personal assistance or direct care, encouraging activities of daily living, using the agencyâ€™s Balanced Care Method and Cognitive Therapeutics Method, and providing comfort and services to clients who require short-term or ongoing support and assistance. He/ she will work closely with the patients, their families, and the management team to establish the continuity of care at home or out in the community. A Health Care Aide plays a key role in providing safety, high-quality service and patient / family-centred care while reflecting the shared vision and values of Home Care Assistance Edmonton.
- Classification: Health Care Aide
- Position: Part-time and Full Time
- Date Available: As soon as possible
- Shift Pattern: Consistent 3 hours to 12 hours per day
- Salary: TBN
- Vehicle Requirement: MUST HAVE
- MUST HAVE: Health Care Aide Certified through the Government of Alberta, licensed as a post-secondary institution using the provincial health care aid curriculum.
- As a condition of employment at Home Care Assistance Edmonton, you must be enrolled in the Government of Alberta- Health Care Aide Directory and provide evidence of your enrollment at the time of hire.
- Updated CPR/First Aid Certificate
- Updated Criminal Record Check
- Updated Immunization Record
- Valid Class 5 Driverâ€™s License - Client living on the north side
- Dementia Experience Needed
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Recent experience (within the last two years) working as a Health Care Aide in a Home Care community setting is preferred.
- The excellent attendance record, reliable, punctual, and pleasant personality
- Team player, as well as able to work independently, to provide assistance with personal care and support to clients.
- Adapts quickly to schedule changes, fluctuating priorities and workload\
- Proficiencies in English written and verbal ; observant to clientâ€™s status and reports changes to the office team in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Has a compassionate, positive, and caring attitude who is capable on empathizing with our clients.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position such as standing, walking, stooping, reaching, lifting and transferring clients.
- Always keeps in mind working within their scope of practice in providing client assistance with personal care, bathing, transferring, assist with a well-balanced nutritional meal plan.
- Support daily activities â€“ Ensure residents' safety and well-being are met by facilitating social interactions, therapeutic conversations, and secure environments. Offer prompts to the client, if needed, such as toileting, eating, and any liquid needs. Observe the patients' medical health as well as their physical and mental responses. Provide written and verbal reports about the residents' condition and guidance to their families. Exercise the patient as needed.
- Apply compliance knowledge â€“ Demonstrate knowledge of all aspects of resident care by using a sensitive approach. Knowledge and compliance of all state resident rights are required.
- High school diploma or GED required and current state license
- Safe driving record with reliable transportation and car insurance
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
Powered by JazzHR