Employment Status: Casual
Program: Community Support Services
Work Schedule: Days,Evenings,Weekends
Union/Bargaining Unit: CUPE
On Call: No
The Home Helper provides homemaking services to individuals and families in the home within the framework of VON policies, procedures, standards and quality & risk management. Collaborates with members of the health care team in meeting the needs of individuals to attain an optimal level of independence and well being.
Light housekeeping for seniors in their home including (but not limited to) dusting, cleaning kitchen/bathroom, vacuuming, mopping floors, laundry, and errand service.
- Household management or professional customer service experience
- Experience working for a professional cleaning services organization is preferable
- Must be comfortable with seniors and persons with disabilities
- Experience working with people from different social and economic environments
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to take direction, as well as to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; hand movement
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.