Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge, but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Role
Owning a home is overwhelming, but our Home Maintenance Specialists put our clients in control with tools and personalized plans to get their homes on autopilot by conducting Virtual Home Checkups. Just like folks go to the doctor to take care of their bodily health, and the dentist to clean their teeth, our Virtual Home Checkups make sure your homes are at their healthiest. The goal of these 1:1 digital consultations is to educate and direct homeowners to complete tasks within their homes to mitigate health and safety risks.
Other Details of this Position:
- This is a remote position where you will conduct Home Checkups virtually through video calls.
- This is a part-time, contract position for a pilot program.
- You must have access to a computer/laptop with a high-definition camera, microphone capabilities, high-speed internet access, and a smartphone.
How to Apply:
Along with submitting your resume, you must submit a 2-minute video. This position is all about conducting video calls with homeowners to aid them with their home; use this as an opportunity to show your professionalism, ability to articulate yourself clearly and concisely, and your enthusiasm for this role.
Click here to submit your video: https://hire.li/69afc2a
- Conduct virtual home checkups on video calls with homeowners.
- Help homeowners identify and tackle the biggest hazards around the home (fire, water, air quality).
- Tailor home maintenance recommendations for homeowners.
- Document the results of the checkup and input the details into the HomeHub (our virtual home maintenance software) to create a personalized report.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the pilot:
- A customer-centric mindset; you should love talking to clients and building genuine relationships.
- You’re able to adapt and problem solve as you go. You’re interested in the home space and all the components that go into creating and taking care of a property.
- You’re detail-oriented by nature; you don’t miss a beat when it comes to taking thorough notes.
Nice to Have Qualifications
- You have prior experience as a home inspector, home appraiser, in general contracting, real estate, or with home/appliance maintenance OR
- You're a new graduate out of school who specialized in trades, and you're looking for a role that combines your home expertise with technology.
- You have a basic understanding of major appliances, plumbing, HVAC systems, and fire safety.
- 1+ years of residential home expertise or academic equivalent; you can confidently speak to homeowners about problems, projects, and maintenance needs around the home.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Thumbtack is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to celebrating diversity, equity and inclusion.