HOME SUPPORT WORKERS
- Provide personal assistance and care to clients
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation
- Perform other duties as required
This is a general overview of the position and other duties may be added per Canadian Red Cross and Assisted Living Policies and Procedures.
The incumbent must have the commitment to the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement and model the core competencies of the CRCS: team excellence, service excellence, accountability and results focused.
- Must own a licensed and insured vehicle
- Demonstrates fundamental abilities to participate as a member of the core/support team:
- Carries out tasks, accepts assignments, completes assignments
- Time Management skills – plan work load, balances multiple demands on time
- Follows Care Plan
- Does not exceed the boundary of the therapeutic/professional relationship
- Acknowledges limitations, keeps within role and knowledge base (scope of practice)
- Demonstrates acceptable work habits:
- Dependable, punctual
- Able to manage stress
- Accepts suggestions
- Interacts well with others
- Maintains professional appearance
- Maintains confidentiality of information about clients, caregiver/family and the Canadian Red Cross
The work is principally performed in the residencies of the clients where conditions may vary, located throughout the P6A postal code area. The position reports to the Sault Ste. Marie branch of the Canadian Red Cross. The successful candidate for this position must be available to work a flexible work period, occasional requirement to work overtime hours including evenings and weekends, often with short notice. Domestic travel within Sault Ste. Marie area is required. We offer a competitive salary. There are permanent full-time and part-time positions available. Hours of program 7am to 7pm,7 days a week (shifts will be based on workers availability preference).