Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
This position is for Massiv Die-Form, a division of Cosma International.
Cosma International, an operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world‘s premier global automotive suppliers providing a comprehensive range of body, chassis, and engineering solutions to our customers. Our pioneering technology and creativity allows our customers to ask for solutions that lie beyond what they previously thought was possible.
Massiv Die-Form, a division of Magna International, designs and builds medium to large cast automotive and hot stamping dies. Massiv Die-Form is proudly committed to manufacture products of the highest quality, reliability, maintainability and durability for the global automotive market through skilled and dedicated people focused on total customer satisfaction, ongoing protection of the environment and the profitable well-being of our company.
- Responsible for accurate & timely completion of all assigned tool shop activities (die builds, eng. changes, repairs, installations, etc.) including work distribution, participation in soft tooling and die development as required, etc.
- Responsible to participate in the management/development of all personnel assigned to work area including training, skills development, performance assessments, progressive discipline, etc.
- Responsible for the consistent application / enforcement / promotion of all company policies / procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook, including Health & Safety, Fair Treatment, Communications, Training & Development, and Job Security.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to all Quality System Operating Procedures (product / process / quality), including Work Instruction (#4.9).
- Assist in the promotion of team building and quality work life through open and regular communication with supervisor and assigned personnel.
- Assist in the resolution of employee concerns through follow up, responsiveness, and providing employees with support or direction necessary to resolve concerns/inquiries (communication meetings, etc).
- Maintain records (manual/automated) regarding employees, processes, procedures, or quality, floor skills training (apprentices), 5S audits as required.
- Support 5S & continuous improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for applicable ISO QEMS policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Required to train employees on policies, procedures & job specific work instructions applicable to work area according to QEMS.
- Certificate of Qualification as a Tool & Die Maker or equivalent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good Working knowledge of production facility, equipment and dies
- Good organizational skills and scheduling abilities
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.