Primary Location: Canada-Banff-The Fairmont Banff Springs
Employee Status: Regular
Hotel Grounds Supervisor (Permanent Full Time)
Safety and details are keys to creating a memorable resort property! As a Hotel Grounds Supervisor, you will get the opportunity to work with a team motivated to support each other, provide a clean and safe property, and create a first impression on guests and visitors that exceeds their expectations.
Rate of Pay: Starting at $18.78 per hour. Full rate after one year is $21.28 per hour.
What is in it for you:
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Duty meal in our newly renovated staff cafeteria
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Banff Springs and over 5,000 properties with Accor
What you will be doing:
- Daily planning, assigning, and follow up of colleague tasks
- Planning and execution of seasonal projects and programs such as season changeover, ice rink creation, snow removal, turf maintenance, sodding, plant health maintenance, tree removal, holiday decorations, etc.
- Training colleagues on all tools, equipment, and procedures
- Mentoring, coaching, and performance management of colleagues
Your experience and skills include:
- Must have class 5 driver’s license and updated driver’s abstract in good standing
- Minimum 1 year supervisory experience preferred
- Horticulture/Landscape Management graduate/Plant ID knowledge an asset
- Ability to operate a standard transmission, chainsaw, skid steer, plow truck, 1 ton truck, and cube van
- Must be able to stand and walk throughout shift and be able to lift/carry 70+ lbs. up and down stairs and push/pull 50+ lbs.
Your team and working environment:
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to multiple ski resorts
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: For more information on working and living in Banff, please visitwww.banffspringsjobs.com.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!