Spillett Security is looking for full time Security Guards to join our team, providing Hotel Security services in Banff and Canmore. All starting positions are working 8hr. night shifts with 5days on 2 days off.
Hiring for positions starting immediately.
These positions have proven to be an excellent stepping stone into law enforcement, while allowing for you to enjoy a Mountain Lifestyle.
Partially subsidized shared staff housing may be available in Banff.
Responsibilities include: • Foot and mobile patrols of hotels, staff accommodations and apartment / condo buildings • Dealing with various disturbances / issues • Emergency response (fire and medical) • Report Writing
Requirements: • Valid security license from the Alberta Solicitor General (We can assist in obtaining) • Valid class 5 drivers license with abstract • Valid 1st Aid • Ability to work with little supervision and under pressure • Neat and clean appearance • Ability to read, write and communicate in English • Hospitality/Customer service experience • Graduate of Police Sciences or Criminology an asset
On the job training will be provided.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $18.50 /hour
Protects guests and property by patrolling and monitoring premises; identifying, anticipating, and resolving security problems.
* Identifies security problems and premises hazards by patrolling lobbies, corridors, rest rooms, entrances, etc.; inspecting safety devices and alarms; operating camera surveillance and alarm console.
* Prevents and resolves crimes by responding to and investigating concerns and complaints; observing and intervening in suspicious situations; apprehending suspects and criminals; calling local law enforcement agency for assistance.
* Prevents property damage by sounding fire and protective alarms; taking damage control measures, such as, extinguishing fires.
* Educates guests by explaining precautionary measures.
* Secures guests by helping them during evacuations, accidents, or attacks.
* Documents actions by completing reports and logs; interviewing guests and employees.
* Protects organization's image by keeping security and incident information confidential.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
* Enhances security and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Walking,Lifting, Deals with Uncertainty, Documentation Skills, Objectivity, Dependability, Emotional Control, Integrity, Safety Management, Professionalism, Surveillance Skills, Reporting Skills