A&B is seeking a hotshot driver for our Wembley, Alberta location. Must ensure that A&B`s safety program is being followed at all times.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- NSC Truck and Picker truck operation, including general field labourer duties while onsite.
- Safely load/unload equipment and materials with a fork lift or skid steer.
- Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, VHF radios, and telephones, to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Off highway travel. Potential use of tire changes may be required. (Familiar with radio controlled roads)
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods.
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status.
- Load/unload trucks, follow signals from loading crew and check that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Transport and deliver equipment and other materials.
- Secure cargo for transport, using the appropriately rated tie downs, blocks, chains, or covers.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Early morning start times and some overnight travel expected.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Minimum 3 years of verifiable Hotshot driving experience is required.
- Experience with hauling, loading and unloading small equipment (ex: skidsteer, mini-hoe) is required.
- Picker truck experience/certification an asset.
- A team player with excellent attention to detail, punctuality, a strong work ethic and oral communication skills.
- All candidates are required to undergo and pass a Drug & Alcohol screening as condition of employment.
A&B would like to thank all those who apply, but only candidates selected for employment will be contacted.