At Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, an exceptional guest experience begins even before check-in and extends throughout every stay. As aHousekeepingHouseperson, the organizational support you provide to the Housekeeping team will ensure our guest rooms are well equipped and welcoming – and our guests feel valued.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge is surrounded by the snow capped mountains and enchanting lakes of Jasper National Park; a UNESCO designated World Heritage Site which includes the #1 Best Golf Resort in Canada by the readers of SCOREGolf Magazine, a newly redesigned Fairmont spa, 6 food and beverage outlets, and many outdoor activities which are right outside your door. No matter what time of year you visit The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, you can expect to be a part of "The True Rocky Mountain Experience".
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Housekeeping, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Follow departmental policies, procedures and service standards
- Ensure all guest deliveries are made in a timely manner
- Chop wood/kindling
- Clean and reset fire places
- Organize storage areas including furniture storage
- Organize recycling programs within the housekeeping department
- Deliver, setup, and pick‑up cots/cribs as requested
- Lock all closets at the end of the shift
- Report all maintenance issues
- Ensure cleanliness of the exterior of guest cabins & windows
- Deliver housekeeping supplies to linen closets
- Clean, repair, and maintain vacuum systems on property
- Troubleshoot internet and On-Command deficiencies as needed
- Adhere to the hotel’s vehicle handling and safety policies while driving hotel and guest vehicles
- Following all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous housekeeping experience an asset
- Valid Alberta driver’s license required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Standing: 6-8 hrs/day
- Sitting: 0-5 hrs/day
- Walking: 6-8 hrs/day
- Bending/reaching: 4-6 hrs/day
- Pushing/pulling: 2-4 hrs/day
- Physical effort: moderate, required to lift up to 50 lbs
- Environmental stress: high - chemical use, responding to a variety of guest calls
Visa Requirements:Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!