At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are currently seeking a Human Capital Assistant to join our growing National Human Resources team. MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Dedicated to cultivating our firm’s unique culture and values in the workplace, our Human Capital team leads people initiatives throughout the firm. Committed to attracting, hiring, developing, retaining and rewarding talented team members, we ensure MNP stands out as an employer of choice. From professional development to total rewards, communications to employee relations, we advise, facilitate and support the business by providing exceptional service at every level, in every market, today and in the future.
- Support the team through the administration of the fundamental areas of Human Capital such as Total Rewards, Learning and Development, Recruitment and Selection and Performance Management
- Provide assistance for recruitment and selection, ensuring all documents pertaining to the recruitment life cycle of team members are accurately processed in a timely manner
- Contribute to the ongoing management of our recruitment database – post jobs, update postings, manage candidates through the Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Set up interviews, conduct phone screen interviews, complete reference checks and prepare job offers
- Conduct reference checks and administer background checks
- Lead, coordinate and deliver orientation and manage onboarding logistics ensuring compliance with new hire documents
- Conduct exit interviews and coordinate logistics related to Firm departures as appropriate
- Manage Human Resource Information System (HRIS) updates
- Complete administration related to compensation, promotions, transfers and annual performance evaluations
- Maintain employee data records for team members including electronic files, payroll and HRIS
- Keep accurate and timely filing of Human Resources (HR) correspondence, invoices, receipts and office records
- Serve as a link between senior leadership, Partners and team members by managing inquiries, employee relations and educating on self-service options
- Support and implement firm policies and guidelines as required, escalate interpretation of policies as necessary
- Prepare presentations and reports
- Provide back up to receptionist as required
- Manage phone lists, emails and grant permissions for National Human Resources applications
- Completion of post-secondary education in human resources management
- One (1) to two (2) years of demonstrated HR experience preferred, including HR operations, recruitment and onboarding
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Core Competencies & Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
MNP encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers benefits that suit the way our team members work and play! In addition to a competitive salary, our MyRewards@MNP package includes paid personal days, wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, a group pension plan with matching contribution, firm sponsored social events and professional development assistance.
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.