About the job
We are looking for a (Human Resources) HR Generalist to join our team and implement various human resources programs. HR Generalists have a broad knowledge of human resources functions, from hiring to onboarding and from employee compensation to evaluation. If you have a passion for HR and look to kickstart your career in the field, this is the place to be. Your role as an HR Generalist will be far from one-dimensional. You’ll undertake a wide range of HR tasks, like organizing training, administering employee benefits and leaves, and recruiting. You will use Human Resources Information Systems to ensure all employee records are up-to-date and confidential. And you will also act as the main point of contact for employees’ queries on HR-related topics. The goal is to ensure the HR department’s operations will be running smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization.
- Administer compensation and benefit plans.
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace.
- Assist in the development and implementation of human resource policies.
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying for new perks and benefits, and organizing team building activities.
- Ensure compliance with labour regulations!
- Manages complete payroll.
- Processes verify and maintain documentation relating to personnel resignations and terminations such as exit interviews and records dates and reasons of terminations.
- Managing the full recruitment cycle which includes:
- Creating descriptive, accurate, bilingual job descriptions in coordination with hiring managers
- Post jobs, monitor effectiveness, track progress
- Review applications & conduct prescreen calls
- Schedule and conduct 1st round interviews
- Coordinate 2nd round interviews with Hiring Managers if required
- Prepare and present offers of employment
- Collaborates closely with managers to ensure organization fit with chosen candidates, as well as ensure close follow-up during the probationary period;
- Coordinate new employee onboarding process
- Create all new hire paperwork
- Assist with first-day orientation sessions
- Collaborate closely with Payroll & Benefits administrator regarding new employee set-up
- 2-3 years experience as HR Generalist
- Proven experience as an HR Payroll Administrator, HR Generalist or HR Recruiter
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of employment/labour laws
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; HRIS systems (e.g. ADP) will be a plus
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Desire to work as a team with a result-driven approach.
- BSc/BA in Business administration or relevant field
- Additional HR training will be a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and large workloads
- Bilingualism (French/English) written and oral
- Located in Montreal
Health & dental benefits