Smook Contractors Ltd.
Human Resource Manager
Job Location: Thompson, MB
Reports To: Vice President & General Manager
- Process and review employment applications and resumes to evaluate qualifications or eligibility of applicants. Work closely with supervisors, managers and superintendents in the selection process.
- Interview job applicants to obtain and verify information used to screen and evaluate them.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Process, verify, and maintain documentation relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance management system, and classifications.
- Resolve or assist workers to resolve work/personal problems (EAP Program).
- Ensure conformance in current legislation.
- Maintain employee handbook and role descriptions.
- Record data for each employee, including such information as addresses, weekly earnings, absences, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for terminations.
- Examine employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions.
- Provide guidance to supervisors in the use of the disciplinary system.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Adherence to safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
- 3-5 years of Human Resource Management Experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to communicate in a professional, courteous, and effective manner.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues and situations.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues using judgment that is consistent with standards, policies, procedures, regulations and applicable law.
- Must maintain complete confidentiality relating to employee & company information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Work experience in a Heavy Construction or Industrial environment is an asset.
- Human resource Degree is preferred, equivalent industry related experience will be considered.
- Office environment with limited travel to remote work locations
- Working hours: Monday to Friday 8 hours per day
- Overtime when required
Jobs are scraped from the URL http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/ rss feed